Sunday, January 30, 2011

Finishing Touches

So the nursery is mostly done however I have been working on a few finishing touches. I completed the mobile today but it's not hung up in the nursery yet. As you can see it's currently hanging above my dining room table which is where I assembled it. It's butterflies and flowers.
I got some double sided scrap book paper, cut out different sized butterflies and then glued them together in the center so that I could spread their wings and give them a 3 dimensional look, then my friend Corrine helped with the flowers as she is a mad scrapper and has some crazy tools like the cricket that I had no idea existed.
The top is the center of a cross stitch hoop which is what I tied the fishing line and ribbon to and then covered it with paper that has been cut with fancy scissors anyways it was a fairly quick totally cheap project and I can't wait to get it hung in the nursery.
I added more flowers to the mural so I thought I would post an updated pic.
So my curtains were looking a little naked so I made some fabric rosettes out of scraps of fabric that I had left over from making the curtains. I'm so thrilled with how they turned out and I think it has really given the added touch that they needed.
This is what it looks like now, I put the flowers on both sides.
So I'm 33 weeks now, I finally broke down and bought a pair of maternity jeans, uggghh so close. Anyways we're getting really excited as you can tell. It will be fun to bring her home and start actually using this room.

4 comments:

Elisa said...

I LOVE the rosettes! How did you make them? Was there a tutorial online or anything?

Kara Laszczyk said...

The mobile is so cute!

I still don't see any prego pics :)

Alicia said...

You are SO crafty!! So jealous! The nursery is adorable!

etta said...

Its beautiful and you totally need to have a DIY blog- not kidding at all, I would love to know how you did all of those projects!