Friday, May 21, 2010

Something Fishy


I ran across this pic today and realized that I never blogged about Jeff's supper sucessful salmon fishing trip and our not so successful smoking of the salmon. Jeff caught all of these fish as you can see but it's a certain kind of salmon that is better smoked. So he being who he is (which is why I love him) looked online and found a way to make a homemade smoker to smoke your salmon in. We got all of the supplies and made the smoker. It was only supposed to take a few hours to smoke the fish however I think we overloaded it and by about 3am the salmon still wasn't done. We brought it all in to finish it in the oven but it was stuck to the rack. So the night ended with us sneaking all of this half smoked salmon to the park dumpster across the street and crawling into bed smelling of smoky salmon because at that point we just didn't care. But it's a great picture and a funny story.

2 comments:

Laura Bloomfield said...

May I just say, The part I wish I could have participated in is the sneaking over to the dumpster. :) I can just hear Lauren giggling from here!

Kara Laszczyk said...

You guys have way too much fun :)