Monday, October 26, 2009

Virginia

My trip to Virginia started in a special and unexpected way. It turns out that my flight was a make a wish flight, meaning that there was a little girl and her family that they were flying to Disney World on my flight. So at the gate in the airport they created Cinderella's castle and had the whole place decorated, she even had a cake and presents and this was at 7am. It was so cute and special I have never experienced anything like it before.




Once I got to Va things were very low key which was nice. I had a few extra vacation days this year and got a good deal so Jeff stayed behind in WA. and gave me the chance to spend time with my family. This is her new horse Brummy. He was getting his saddle fitted as he has outgrown his old one.




This is my adorable niece Stella and my new nephew Roy. These are my brother Russell's kids and his wife Chas is kinda cut off of the pic (sorry) but I was kinda just focusing on the kids.















While I was there my mom and I became tourists for the first time and we visited Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home). It was perfect weather, a little cool which is nice when VA can be so hot. The home was amazing, he had incredible gardens, kitchens, and really unique and modern clocks for his time. It was just a really nice day and it has been a while since we've been able to spend time one on one like that so all in all it really didn't matter what we did, we just had fun hanging out. However I would recommend checking out Monticello if you ever get the chance.

2 comments:

Us, the Gilson's said...

I love the beauty of the east side! Houses, greenery, etc. Someday, maybe you can show us the sights!

Laura Bloomfield said...

I am so glad that you got to go home. That makes me so happy!