Monday, January 12, 2009

Oregon Trip


Last March we took our first vacation. We did a road trip along the Oregon coast which is absolutely stunning. Being from the east coast it was really cool to see the rocky cliff beaches. It was cold and wet most of the time but we had an awesome time and we plan to go again in the summer.

These are the Sea Lion Caves. They are on the southern end of the coast and I guess it's hit and miss as to weather or not you will see them. The day we went was a hit. There were hundreds there and the cave echoed with their growls. It sounded like the sound track to a ghoul movie. It was actually pretty erie but amazing at the same time.








This was pretty much the only sunny day we had. We met up with Jeff's uncle in Florence Or and he took us around to some of his favorite spots. This boat is actually a restaurant where we had clam chowder for lunch. The only downside is that it did move and I admit we both got a little motion sick on it. But still a cool experience.





This is what I call the "Lewis and Clark" picture. It's Jeff and his uncle (who was an excellent tour guide).







Sand Rails in Florence. I swear I thought I was having a heart attack while riding on this. We actually wrecked at the beginning. (The sand was wet so not a smooth ride). It was fun but I don't know if I would do it again. Jeff by the way loved every minute of it.









1 comments:

Nic said...

A little different from VA Beach huh? :) Looks like you guys had a great time. Very cool.

Cheers,
--Nic T