Thursday, January 15, 2009

Our Dog Remmy

We adopted Remmy in January of 2007 from the Humane Society when he was 10 weeks old. He came from a huge litter, his mom is boarder collie and they think his dad is german shepherd. As you can tell from the many pictures we thought he was pretty much adorable and I have spoiled him rotten (I now regret some of the spoiling, but live and learn).








We got Remmy as we were moving out of an apartment and into our brother-in-laws house (who moved to Switzerland and let us rent his house). While we were moving Remmy climbed into the bottom cabinet and hung out.




He also thought the cabinet was a pretty good place for a nap and actually it was perfect because he stayed out of the way while we packed.





This was his first bath, it's hard to imagine he was that small since he now weighs 70lbs (a little more that I would like him to weigh if I'm honest, and yet before we got him I wanted a Great Dane).





I think this is my favorite picture I have of him. He ran around like crazy after his first bath (he still does when we bath him now) and ended up on the living room floor in this position. I love how his tongue is sticking out and his eyes look blue, it just really captured his funny personality.





Ok so I know this looks a little cruel, however this is crate training for those of you who are unfamiliar with the technique. You let them sleep in a crate and the method is they won't potty where they sleep, however the crate was too big and he would potty in the back and sleep in the front so we put this rubbermaid container in the back to solve that problem. Eventually he started climbing on top of it and sleeping which is the whole story behind this picture. He actually loved his crate, some nights he would just put himself to bed in his crate when he got tired of waiting for us. However we don't use it anymore. He has a bed and is perfectly house trained.






A lot of times Jeff and I will grab a blanket and pillow out of our bedroom and snuggle up on the couch after a long day. Well Remmy had a blanket too and believe it or not he would grab his when we grabbed ours and bring it out to play and snuggle with us. I know it sounds unbelievable, but really this dog is too smart for his own good.











You can see he's a bit bigger in these pictures.





This is pretty much what he looks like now, he's not a huge looking dog and in fact he thinks he's smaller than he is. He loves to lay on the back of the couch like a cat so I call him my "Remmy Cat". He also loves to lay on top of you and the few times he has been allowed to sleep in the bed he snuggled up between Jeff and I and slept the whole night there. I have never had a dog do that because they always got too hot, but Remmy loves to snuggle and is quite attached to the both of us, and I suppose we are just as much attached to him.

0 comments: