Monday, January 19, 2009

Poulsbo Trip

Jeff sister and family came in to town from Switzerland for Christmas and for their last weekend in the states we decided to take the Ferry over to Poulsbo and wander around. This is an old Norwegian town that was settled around 1830. They have several bakeries, we ate at Sluy's which is famous for it's huge doughnuts. There are also lots of antique shops and a park along the water.


This a shot of the piers and the view of Seattle from the Ferry. We just got a new camera before we took this trip so we were having fun taking pictures and playing with all the features of the camera. This was actually a really fun day trip, we walked onto the Ferry so we didn't have to wait in a line and it was cheaper. The only thing that was slightly difficult was catching the bus once we got to Bainbridge Island. The bus schedule is a little different on weekends but not really bad.


For those of you who haven't been to Seattle it's a port town and these are what I call the dinosaurs. For obvious reasons they look like dinosaurs but they are actually the cranes used to load and unload all the cargo that comes into port. The ship in the foreground is the front of another Ferry. This picture was also taken from the Ferry.


Jeff's parents (Larry and Tara) also came on the trip.


Jeff and I on the Ferry. You can see the space needle to the left of me.


Jeff and his dad on the Ferry over to Poulsbo. It's a very short trip but 30 min is definitely long enough for us to do a lot of playing with the new camera and catch some pretty cute candid moments.


I would never have gotten this shot with our old camera. I was using a faster speed and Jeff was making funny faces cause I was asking him to smile. I shot several pictures in a row and somehow got this shot. I actually didn't even know I had taken it until I was reviewing the pictures.


This is our Ferry after we got back to Seattle. We spend pretty much the whole day over in the Poulsbo area and we came back just around sunset. We did a quick tour of Pike's Place just as it was closing and took advantage of the sunset light to get some pretty cool pictures.


Everyone except for Jeff in front of the piers.




Myself, Jeff's sister Elisa and his mom.



This is me on the Ferry to Bainbridge Island.



Jeff and I in Poulsbo waiting for the bus.





I know this is just about the same picture but it shows the bench more. They have these benches all over town with these cool Norwegian ships on them. They are very proud of their history.




This is my new niece Eden (Jeff's sisters baby). She is now 4 months old and loves to touch and feel things so I entertained her for quite a while with this branch, who needs toys when you've got nature? (Ok that just sounded totally hippie)





2 comments:

Elisa said...

Those pictures really turned out nice! ....OK, now I am caught up on comments. :)

Hartley2 said...

I love her hat. Very cute baby.